Josh Mandel | OH-SEN
Primary Election: May 2018
General Election: November 6, 2018
Endorsed: December 21, 2016
Hometown: Beachwood, OH
Professional Background: Lawyer/Treasurer
To access member's only content please login or join today.
Political Experience: Ohio State Treasurer, 2011 – Present
- State Representative, 2007 – 2010
- Lyndhurst, OH city councilman, 2004 – 2006
- As Treasurer, Mandel urged the state legislature to reject Medicaid expansion, and he improved Ohio’s fiscal transparency rating from 46th in the nation to 1st.
- Fought to cut local property taxes and to end the state income tax.
- Is a stalwart defender of school choice.
State Treasurer Josh Mandel is challenging for the U.S. Senate seat held by Democrat Sherrod Brown, whose Club for Growth rating has never been higher than five percent in 12 years in the Senate. While Mandel is the first candidate to announce for the 2018 Ohio Senate race, a competitive Republican primary is expected.
PAID FOR BY CLUB FOR GROWTH PAC AND NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY
CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE’S COMMITTEE. (202) 955-5500