News for February 21, 2013
12 Step Program for Spendaholics
Posted at 10:05 AM by Andrew Roth | Topic: *Government SpendingClub member Bill King from Pennsylvania sent us the following 12-step program for Spendaholics. Politicians in Congress should admit they have a problem!
- Admit to yourself and to your constituents that you have been addicted to spending.
- Admit to yourself and to your constituents that Spendaholism is a major cause of our budget deficits and national debt.
- Apologize to your constituents & commit to fiscal responsibility. (They’ll forgive you if you mend your ways)
- Recognize that ALL spending decisions have an emotional component
- Reject emotional appeals.
- Commit to the use of logic, reason, and sound fiscal and budgeting practices.
- Recognize that all of our problems cannot be solved with one massive piece of legislation.
- Prioritize spending programs and reform and/or cut at minimum 3 programs per quarter.
- Commit to reducing the deficit by 15% per year and a balanced budget in 10 years.
- Pledge to vote for a balanced budget amendment to the Constitution.
- Vow to let free market principles drive the private sector of our economy.
- Promote policies that will promote economic growth in the private sector.
Previous Day Next Day