Ted Budd | NC-13
Primary Election: May 8, 2018 -- Win!
General Election: November 6, 2018
Endorsed: April 11, 2018
Hometown: Advance, NC
Professional Background: Businessman; U.S. House Representative, NC-13
To access member's only content please login or join today.
Political Experience: U.S. House Representative, 2017-Present
- Congressman Budd was first elected with Club-member support in 2016. He is now running for re-election.
- A stellar Club Score of 95% in freshmen year in Congress
- Fought leadership when they tried to whip him into voting for bad bills
- Successfully led the fight to keep a transportation earmark out of the recent $1.3 trillion omnibus bill (which he subsequently voted against)
- Member of the House Freedom Caucus
This district has been historically very conservative, both fiscally and socially. However, Democrats have now begun targeting this area since it was Trump’s worst performing GOP district (52.7%) in North Carolina. The Democrats have recruited a formidable opponent in Kathy Manning, a well-connected, Harvard-trained lawyer and philanthropist from Greensboro. In the race, she is portraying herself as a moderate, but she’s far from it. In fact, Manning is on record opposing Trump’s tax cuts and repealing Obamacare. She has proven herself to be a strong fundraiser and will attempt to hide her weaknesses through sheer strength of message. That fact, coupled with a political landscape that favors the Democrats this fall, makes Club for Growth PAC is all the more determined to help re-elect Congressman Ted Budd.
PAID FOR BY CLUB FOR GROWTH PAC AND NOT AUTHORIZED BY ANY
CANDIDATE OR CANDIDATE’S COMMITTEE. (202) 955-5500