Rachael Slobodien - September 05th, 2018
Washington, DC – Today, CFG Action Montana launched its fourth ad as part of its seven figure television campaign highlighting Sen. Tester’s dishonest and liberal Washington record. The ad will run on broadcast, cable, and satellite TV across the state.
“Missing” continues to highlight Sen. Tester’s betrayal of Montana values in favor of the Washington, D.C. swamp. While Montana families work hard to make ends meet, Sen. Tester has no problem accepting his taxpayer-funded paycheck even when he doesn’t show up for work. Over his 12 years in Washington, Sen. Tester has missed more than 60 percent of his committee hearings, and missed 76 percent of Senate Homeland Security meetings. This is yet another example of Sen. Tester “going Washington.”
Previous ads have highlighted Sen. Tester’s broken promises on debt reduction, accepting special-interest perks and lobbyist contributions, and Obamacare.
Watch the ad here:
“Montana taxpayers deserve a senator who actually works for them – and that person is clearly not Jon Tester,” said CFG Action Montana President David McIntosh. “Sen. Tester has been too busy cavorting with his special-interest friends to show up for work and fight for the policies Montana citizens care about. Montana deserves a senator who keeps his promises and does his job.”
- In Montana, people believe in an honest day’s work. But not Jon Tester.
- Tester has a problem showing up for his job.
- All told, Tester’s missed more than 60 percent of his committee hearings in the Senate.
- Tester even missed 76 percent of Senate Homeland Security meetings.
- Fighting illegal immigration and stopping terrorism is that committee’s job.
- But time and again, Tester disappears.
- Jon Tester. He’s gone Washington.
- CFG Action Montana is responsible for the content of this message.
Sen. Tester missed more than 60 percent of his committee hearings in the Senate and 76 percent Senate Homeland Security meetings (Congressional Hearings, Government Publishing Office)