What We Do
The Club for Growth is a national network of over 100,000 pro-growth, limited government Americans who share in the belief that prosperity and opportunity come from economic freedom.
The Club for Growth is the leading free-enterprise advocacy group in the nation. We win tough battles and we have an enormous influence on economic policy.
In fact, we are the only organization that is willing and able to take on any Member of Congress on policy who fails to uphold basic economic conservative principles…regardless of party.
We do this by pinpointing key bills up for debate in Congress and exerting maximum pressure on lawmakers to vote like free-market, limited government conservatives. And when they don’t, we hold them accountable by publicizing their voting record.
THE CLUB FOR GROWTH HAS A TREMENDOUSLY POWERFUL THREE-PRONGED APPROACH WHEN IT COMES TO INFLUENCING THE WAY LAWMAKERS VOTE ON KEY ECONOMIC LEGISLATION.
1. We issue Key Vote Alerts to all Congressional offices so that Senators and Representatives know when proposed legislation will help or harm free markets.
2. We publish yearly Congressional Scorecards so that constituents know whether or not their legislators are voting in favor of tax cuts, reduced spending, and pro-growth policies.
3. We run hard-hitting independent issue ads on television and radio that expose to constituents the truth about where politicians stand on harmful bills that could raise taxes, increase regulations, and expand the role of the government. NO politician wants to be the feature of one of our ads.
Some of the Club’s top policy goals include:
- Reducing income tax rates and repealing the death tax
- Replacing the current tax code with a fair/flat tax
- The full repeal of ObamaCare and the end of abusive lawsuits through medical malpractice/tort reform
- Reducing the size and scope of the federal government
- Cutting government spending and passing a Balanced Budget Amendment to the United States Constitution
- Regulatory reform and deregulation
- Expanding school choice
The Club for Growth is focused on conservative economic policy, and does not take positions on social issues or on the immigration/borders debate.
In addition to the enormous influence the Club for Growth has on key legislation, Club members also have the opportunity to impact the outcomes of key Senate and House races across the nation through the Club’s two political arms, Club for Growth Action and Club for Growth PAC.