Club for Growth PAC Endorses Bryan Smith for CongressLink to Article: http://www.clubforgrowth.org/perm/pr/?postID=1218
Washington, DC – The Club for Growth PAC today announced that it is endorsing Idaho Falls lawyer Bryan Smith for Congress in Idaho’s Second Congressional District. The district is currently held by incumbent Congressman Mike Simpson (R-ID).
At the bottom of this release, a timeline is provided showing how the Club for Growth PAC, for the first time in history, used the internet to solicit a viable primary challenger to an incumbent member of Congress.
“Bryan Smith is a champion of economic freedom and a fighter for lower taxes and limited government,” said Club for Growth President Chris Chocola. “We met with Bryan months ago after hearing about him through PrimaryMyCongressman.com, and we’re confident that he’ll be a strong conservative alternative to RINO incumbent Mike Simpson. The Club for Growth PAC is proud to endorse his candidacy.”
“Career politician Mike Simpson is one of the biggest liberals in the Republican Party today. He voted to bail out Wall Street, to raise the debt limit by trillions, and for the fiscal cliff tax increase. He was one of just three Republicans who voted against cutting funding for the radical left-wing group ACORN. If all that weren’t bad enough, Mike Simpson is one of the biggest defenders of wasteful earmarks in the history of Congress and a big spender who even voted against cutting the spending out of the Obama stimulus. It’s time for Idaho voters to throw Mike Simpson out, and Bryan Smith is the man to replace him,” concluded Chocola.
Timeline of the Club for Growth PAC’s efforts in Idaho’s Second Congressional District
· February 27th, 2013: www.PrimaryMyCongressman.com is launched
· March, 2013: Hundreds of submissions are made to www.PrimaryMyCongressman.com
· April, 2013: Club staff review submissions, notice a high interest from Idaho voters in replacing Mike Simpson, and also notice dozens of recommendations for “Bryan Smith of Idaho Falls”
· April 12th, 2013: Club for Growth staff member contacts Smith at his law office, mentions the strong local support Smith received on www.PrimaryMyCongressman.com and asks if he’s interested in running for Congress against Simpson
· May 6th, 2013: Club staff interview Smith at Club offices in Washington, D.C. and begins conducting due diligence on Smith
· May 30th, 2013: Club for Growth receives results from a poll in Idaho’s 2nd Congressional district, finding Simpson extremely vulnerable to a challenge from Smith
· June 27th, 2013: Bryan Smith announces his candidacy for Congress against Mike Simpson
· Today: The Club for Growth PAC endorses Bryan Smith for Congress