Doug Ose's Extreme MakeoverLink to Article: http://www.clubforgrowth.org/perm/pr/?postID=503
Doug Oseƒ_Ts Extreme Makeoverƒ_"Political Edition
Washington ƒ_" In todayƒ_Ts Sacramento Bee, former Rep. Doug Ose is trying to hide his liberal voting record. When Ose represented Californiaƒ_Ts Third Congressional District in Congress, his liberal record consistently ranked him in the bottom half of the Republican Caucus (see NTU scores). Now that Ose is running in the conservative Fourth District, he is trying to spin a conservative image out of whole cloth.
Sorry Doug, the congressional record doesnƒ_Tt lie.
Doug Ose consistently voted for wasteful projects, increased government spending, new regulations, bigger government, and even taxes on the Internet. These include:
- Mohair subsidies (RC #383, 07/11/00)
- Pork projects like wood research (RC #160, 05/26/99), peanut competitiveness (RC #161, 05/26/99), and asparagus research (RC #360, 06/29/00)
- Opposition to school choice (RC #135, 05/23/01)
- Taxes on the Internet (RC #155, 05/10/00)
- McCain-Feingold, trampling on political free speech (RC #34, 02/14/02)
- The bloated 2002 Farm Bill that doled out taxpayer-funded subsidies to millionaire farmers, including Doug Ose himself (RC #123, 05/02/02)
- The 2003 Medicare Prescription Drug Bill, creating a brand new government entitlement program (RC #669, 11/22/03)
ƒ_oDoug Ose is spending millions of dollars trying to make over his liberal voting record and attacking his conservative challenger Tom McClintock,ƒ__ said Club for Growth Executive Director David Keating. ƒ_oThere is just one problem with this planƒ_"voters in Californiaƒ_Ts Fourth Congressional District know Doug Oseƒ_Ts liberal record and have watched Tom McClintock fight for lower taxes and limited government for years. Sorry Doug, all the money in the world canƒ_Tt cover up the truth.ƒ__