Washington, D.C. – Today, the Senate Banking Committee will begin its confirmation hearing for Lael Brainard, Joe Biden’s nomination for Vice Chair of the Federal Reserve. Club for Growth is actively opposing the nomination of Lael Brainard and spending six figures on the effort. For more information or to arrange an interview with Club for Growth President David McIntosh, please contact Joe Kildea, Club for Growth Vice President of Communications, at JKildea@ClubForGrowth.org.
The following are five key reasons why Brainard’s record makes her unfit for the role:
- Brainard isn’t sure if she is a socialist or capitalist. (Fox Business)
- Brainard is the only member of the Fed Board of Governors to donate to a political campaign; she maxed out to Hillary Clinton in 2016. The Wall Street Journal called the donation, “a rare sign of political favor by a member of the central bank’s powerful board.” (WSJ)
- Brainard believes radical climate change policies should drive the Fed’s decision making. (Federal Reserve)
- Brainard wants the federal government to take control of cryptocurrency to track financial transactions. (CNBC)
- Full-time socialist and part-time self-proclaimed Native American Senator Elizabeth Warren supports the nomination of Lael Brainard. (Warren Press Release)