AOC’s Green New Deal Is Really the New Green Unemployment Deal
Today, Club for Growth President David McIntosh issued the following statement after Senator Edward Markey (D-MA) and Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-NY) unveiled their plans for a “Green New Deal:”
“The Green New Deal is nothing more than the latest job-killing, socialist wish list from the radical left obsessed with climate change, Medicare-For-All, free college, and a total redistribution of wealth,” stated Club for Growth President David McIntosh.
“The ‘Green Dream’ — as even Nancy Pelosi calls it — would eliminate or transform nearly every job across nearly every sector of the U.S. economy including the military. The American People should be alarmed to know that extreme liberal socialist Democrats are out to destroy the ‘American Dream.’
“The Green New Deal isn’t a dream, it is the GREEN NIGHTMARE that the American People need to wake up from and stop before it ever becomes a reality. It’s economic Armageddon, plain and simple,” concluded David McIntosh.
Below includes some of the most egregious provisions of the New Green Unemployment Deal:
- The Green Unemployment Deal will cost over $41 trillion.
- Over one million fossil fuel workers will lose their jobs. Every other job in America is also at risk.
- Over ten years, the Green Dream would transform the U.S. economy from the global leader to the laughingstock of the international community by killing free enterprise.
- The Green Dream would create new regulations called “energy efficiency standards” that will kill competition in international business and drive American jobs overseas.
- The Green Dream would weaken our national security and military. Without fossil fuels – oil and gasoline – jets won’t fly, tanks won’t roll, and ships won’t sail.
- The Green Dream would trample on the intellectual property, patents, and copyrights of American business by promoting the exchange of technology, expertise, products, and funding to other countries in order to help them achieve a Green Dream.
- The Green Dream creates socialism and confiscates Americans’ savings and redistributes it to favored liberal groups.
- The Green Dream claims it will provide “free” higher education to all the people of the United States. Every American will pay for the trillions in spending.
- The Green Dream requires upgrading all existing buildings and building new buildings with green efficiencies. This means tearing down and rebuilding office buildings, disrupting work and even retro-fitting American homes that could cost individuals and families from $20,000 to $100,000 (or more) in expenses required to meet these new government mandates.
- The Green Dream would force all Americans to join a union by abolishing Right to Work protections.