WASHINGTON, D.C. – Club for Growth issued the following statement after the U.S. Senate voted to confirm Judge Amy Coney Barrett to the U.S. Supreme Court.
“I’m thrilled the Supreme Court will have another Constitutional originalist Justice and the Senate has confirmed Amy Coney Barrett to be Associate Justice of the United States Supreme Court. Justice Barrett will be a pro-growth Justice, her judicial philosophy will have a positive impact on limiting agency overregulation, and her confirmation bodes well for economic liberty and property rights. Throughout her confirmation it became clear that the more Americans learn about Barrett, the more they like her, and the confirmation of such an accomplished pragmatic originalist stands in stark contrast to the liberals who want to remake American institutions like the Supreme Court to fit their radical socialist views.” – David McIntosh, President, Club for Growth
Read About Club for Growth’s Work:
- Click here to read the Club for Growth “Key Vote Alert” on Judge Barrett’s nomination.
- Click here to visit the new Club for Growth website tracking Senators on Judge Barrett’s nomination and court packing.
- Click here to read the Washington Examiner story on the latest Club for Growth, Club for Growth Action, and CfG Action Montana ads on the Barrett nomination and court packing.
- Click here to read the Club for Growth white paper on Judge Barrett’s jurisprudence.
- Click here to read the 1-page summary of the implications for economic policy from the Club for Growth white paper.
- Click here to read Club for Growth President David Mcintosh’s FOX Business OpEd.
- Click here to watch the Club for Growth ad on Judge Barrett’s record on economic liberty.
- Click here to watch the first Club for Growth ad on Judge Barrett and her character and qualifications.
- Click here to watch the Club for Growth ads that ran in Alaska and Utah.
- Click here to read the Club for Growth letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee.
- Click here to visit the Club for Growth website, ConfirmHer2020.com, encouraging Americans to contact Senators asking to confirm Judge Barrett.
Read Select Coverage of Club for Growth:
NYT’s Kenneth P. Vogel, Maggie Haberman and Jeremy W. Peters – “The anti-tax Club for Growth and the group Catholic Vote are expected to spend money as part of the broader effort, a person familiar with the planning said.” Read More
WSJ’s Andrew Restuccia and Lindsay Wise – “Five conservative groups—the Judicial Crisis Network, Club For Growth, Susan B. Anthony List, America First Policies and CatholicVote—are planning to spend at least $20 million in support of the president’s nominee. That number could soon stretch closer to $30 million, some of the people involved said. They have begun daily calls to organize strategy and share research and polling, the people said. ‘This is unprecedented. It’s such a huge issue—the confluence of it happening before the election and the energy behind it out in the country,’ said Club For Growth President David McIntosh, who said the group plans to spend at least $5 million. The group’s super PAC, Club For Growth Action, is also involved in the effort.” Read More
AP’s Lisa Mascaro – “‘He is personally, deeply committed to getting a great Supreme Court justice on the court,’ said David McIntosh, president of the conservative Club for Growth who has worked with McConnell on judicial nominees for years, back to Ronald Reagan’s failed nomination of Robert Bork to the court.” Read More
Politico’s Nancy Cook – “The conservative group Club for Growth is preparing to spend at least $5 million to help Republicans push through a Supreme Court pick before Election Day. The slate of national digital and TV ads in specific states, which the group plans to unveil next week, will support whomever President Donald Trump picks as his judicial nominee.” Read More
Washington Examiner’s David Drucker – “The conservative Club for Growth is running ads urging voters to pressure Alaska Sen. Lisa Murkowski and Utah Sen. Mitt Romney to support the confirmation of federal judge Amy Coney Barrett to the Supreme Court.” Read More
Fox Business’s Caitlin McFall – “The Senate Judiciary Committee is set to begin Barrett’s confirmation hearing Monday and some groups, like the conservative Club for Growth, released their latest ad Thursday in anticipation of the four-day session. ‘We’re seeing growing support for Judge Barrett’s nomination,’ president of Club for Growth David Macintosh said Thursday. Macintosh confirmed to FOX Business that the organization and their Super PAC, Club for Growth Action, will spend $5 million in their latest ad campaign.” Read More
Politico’s Gabby Orr – “Several conservative groups that have worked to bolster Trump’s chances are planning to go all-in this week on the Supreme Court fight. Hours before Trump left Washington on Monday for his first out-of-state campaign rally following his coronavirus diagnosis, a coalition of 10 conservative organizations hosted a press conference to support Barrett’s confirmation. The livestreamed event included representatives from Heritage Action, the Judicial Crisis Network, Concerned Women for America, Americans for Prosperity, the Susan B. Anthony List and Club for Growth, among others, as well as Sens. Ted Cruz of Texas and Marsha Blackburn of Tennessee, who both sit on the Senate Judiciary Committee.” Read More
Fox News’ Tyler Olson – “Tea Party Patriots, Club for Growth, Susan B. Anthony List, Americans for Prosperity and others will also be engaged in their own activities to support Barrett as the confirmation effort moves along.” Read More