Rachael Slobodien - January 16th, 2018
Washington, DC – Today, Club for Growth PAC released poll results that not only demonstrate conservative champion Marsha Blackburn is expanding her commanding lead over Stephen Fincher in the Republican primary, but she also would be substantially ahead of ten-year incumbent Bob Corker were he to join the race.
Specifically, the polling revealed:
- Marsha Blackburn continues a commanding lead over Stephen Fincher.
- Marsha Blackburn leads Fincher by 53 points in a head-to-head ballot.
- Blackburn has built strong and positive statewide name ID with Republican primary voters.
- Blackburn’s strong showing isn’t just a matter of name ID.
- Blackburn leads by 44 points among voters who have heard of both candidates.
- She leads by 40 among those with opinions of both.
- Blackburn also would lead ten-year retiring Senator Bob Corker by 38 points.
- In a hypothetical match-up with the retiring Senator, Blackburn has the support of more than three-in-five primary voters.
- Corker’s image among Republican primary voters is net-negative.
The survey was conducted for Club for Growth by WPA Intelligence on January 14-15, 2018. The study has a sample size of n=502 likely Republican primary voters in Tennessee and a margin of error ±4.4% at the 95% confidence level.