Club for Growth released the following statement on the Republican Study Committee’s Framework for Personalized, Affordable Care.
“This is an important step forward in the effort to bring patient-centered choice and competition in the health care marketplace, and RSC’s efforts renew a much-needed conversation with the American people where voters will decide the future of their health care decisions,” said Club for Growth President David McIntosh. “But the Framework still needs critical details reflecting free-market options that have been lacking from previous plans.”
A true free-market plan that conservatives support must include:
- Repealing Obamacare’s taxes and subsidies
- Ending the Medicaid Expansion and modernizing Medicaid to serve the intended population, not able-bodied adults
- Bringing price transparency to health insurance so Americans can shop around to find the best option for their health care needs
- Expanding Health Savings Accounts (HSAs)
- Allowing Americans to purchase health insurance across state lines
- Ending Congressional benefits to lawmakers so they live under the same rules as all other Americans
Obamacare is socialism. It is government interference in the health care marketplace. As we fight socialism, that includes finally repealing all of Obamacare and replacing it with a plan that provides Americans health care freedom, while protecting Americans with pre-existing conditions.
Even Democrats agree that Obamacare is a massive failure. They have shifted away from their own goal of defending Obamacare and now advocate for a single-payer, government-run system of health insurance – Medicare for All or a public option.
Club for Growth continues to remain in active discussions with our membership, other conservative groups, Members of Congress, and the Executive Branch about fixing America’s health care problem.