“The Club for Growth polling clearly shows Mo Brooks is the best choice to defeat Roy Moore. Other candidates, including Bradley Byrne, would present a greater risk that Moore could win,” stated Club for Growth Action President David McIntosh. “Mo Brooks would be a fighter for economic freedom and represent Alabamians well in the US Senate.”
The polling revealed:
- Former Senate nominee Roy Moore significantly trails Congressman Mo Brooks head-to-head
- In a head-to-head match-up, Moore trails Brooks by twenty points and Brooks captures a majority of the vote.
- Voters who know the candidates best are even stronger in their support of Mo Brooks
- Voters who have enough information to make real comparisons between the two candidates – those who have heard of both and those who have opinions of both – prefer Brooks to Moore by even wider margins.
- Among Republican primary voters who have heard of both candidates, Moore trails Brooks by 27 points.
- Among Republican primary voters who have opinions of both candidates, Moore trails Brooks by 34 points.
The survey was done for Club for Growth by WPA Intelligence. WPA Intelligence conducted a live poll of likely Republican primary voters in Alabama from March 10-12, 2019. The poll has a total sample size of 501 respondents and a margin of error of 4.4 percent. 37 percent of interviews were conducted via cell phone. The polling sample was selected from file of all Alabama registered voters with probability of selection in the sample proportional to each voter’s modeled likelihood of voting in the 2020 Republican primary. The sample was stratified by geography, gender, and age.