WASHINGTON, D.C. – In case you missed it, numerous media outlets covered President Trump’s second Executive Order cutting red tape and Club for Growth’s leadership on the issue. Contact Joe Kildea (JKildea@ClubForGrowth.org) to arrange an interview with Club for Growth President David McIntosh.
New York Times: “The Club for Growth, a free-market group, applauded the move and called it ‘bold action’ to ‘get our country back to work faster.’ The Center for Biological Diversity, an environmental group, accused the administration of ‘exploiting the pandemic.’” – NYT, 6/4/20
Washington Post: “’This is a huge win for pro-growth policies,’ David McIntosh, president of the Club for Growth, said in a recent call with reporters… Restoring regulations ‘needs to be timed so that they don’t stop the recovery with a lot of costs and regulations,’ said McIntosh, of the Club for Growth. ‘What we’ve urged the administration to do is use that end phase to evaluate whether these regulations are really needed.’” – Washington Post, 6/5/20
The Hill: “Thursday’s executive order will follow another order the president signed in May directing agency heads to ‘identify regulatory standards that may inhibit economic recovery.’ Shortly thereafter, the conservative Club For Growth group said the White House should consider further rolling back NEPA.” – The Hill, 6/4/20
Club for Growth Polling On Regulatory Relief
- 66% Support and 34% Oppose Congress giving President Trump the authority to waive costly regulatory requirements on American businesses in order to speed the economic recovery from the coronavirus epidemic. This has the support of 91% of Republicans, 62% of Independents, and 45% of Democrats.
- 74% Support and 26% Oppose the federal government simplifying the permitting process for infrastructure projects, removing some environmental review requirements that can take years to complete, and allowing new infrastructure projects to pay competitive, market-set wages so that they can employ the maximum number of people. This has the support of majorities of every party; 90% Republicans, 69% of Independents, and 64% of Democrats.
Club for Growth’s Work On Regulatory Relief
- Click here to read David McIntosh in The Hill discussing rolling back National Environmental Policy Act
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s OpEd in RealClear Politics praising President Trump’s first Executive Order cutting red tape.
- Click here to read David McIntosh’s Fox Business OpEd on regulatory relief
- Click here to read the OpEd on regulatory relief co-authored by David McIntosh and CEI’s Kent Lassman
- Click here to read Club for Growth Policy and Polling – Reigniting the Economy and Restoring Jobs Through Regulatory Relief.
- Click here to read coverage of Club for Growth Leading on Cutting Red Tape & Reigniting the Economy.
- Click here to read about the Cut Red Tape Coalition
- Click here to read the Club for Growth statement on President Trump’s first Executive Order to cut red tape.
- Click here to read the Club for Growth statement on President Trump’s second Executive Order to cut red tape.